This page focuses on the genealogical research services we provide.
This page is divided into how to make a genealogy request, resources we use and rates.
Contact us, with any additional questions or to plan your visit to our reading room, located on the first floor of the Library.
Have a family member who went through Palmer? We can find them in our collection of yearbooks, class composites and graduation programs.
How to make a Genealogy Request
To help us find information for you, we will ask you to provide the following information:
- Do you know the date that the family member graduated from Palmer? If you do not have an exact date, please give us a date range i.e. 1920-1924.
- What is the name of the family member? Bear in mind they may be listed under a different name i.e. maiden name, so please give all possibilities
- Do you know where and when they first practiced chiropractic? If we know that they started a practice in 1924, we can determine that they attended the school before that point.
- Any additional information, i.e. birth and death dates, can help if no other information is available.
Resources we use
After the initial inquiry, we consult our matriculation files, graduation programs, yearbooks and class composites:
- Matriculation files: Database listing of students from early 1900s to 1970s.
- Graduation Programs: Our graduation programs range from 1915-Present.
- Yearbooks: Our yearbooks start in 1921 and end in 1988.
- Class Composites: Our class composites range from 1910-Present
Palmer Students/Alumni/ Faculty and Staff: $.15 per page
Non-Palmer researchers: $.25 per page
Palmer Students/Alumni/ Faculty and Staff: $12 for the first 10 pages, $.15 each page after
Non-Palmer researchers: $15 for the first 10 pages, $.25 each page after
Iowa Sales Tax is not charged to documents that are sent electronically.
The Recoil Yearbook
The Recoil yearbook, June class (1925). Class name: The Reconstructors.