This page lists the Palmer Library's reserve services and resources for Palmer faculty and staff.
Reserve Instructions for Faculty
The Palmer Health Sciences Library Reserve Service allows faculty to designate materials that are needed by multiple users as part of a course or a club and have the materials placed in the Reserve section of the Library. Reserve items carry shorter check-out periods and larger fines than other library materials.
- Only faculty members may place items on Reserve. Clubs wishing to place items on Reserve must get the signature of their faculty advisor and class president.
- The list of materials to be placed on Reserve must be submitted at least two weeks prior to the beginning of the trimester or quarter.
- Each course or club may have up to four (4) photocopies of an article on Reserve each term.
- A photocopied article may remain on Reserve for one term, for one course. Additional use requires that copyright permission be obtained from the publisher. Copyright permission may be procured from the Copyright Clearance Center at www.copyright.com.
- Requests to place materials on Reserve must be renewed each term. If a request is not renewed, the material will be removed at the end of the term. If personal items were place on Reserve, they will be returned to the instructor.
- Material from the Reference collection will only be placed on Reserve if the library owns a second copy.
- Original materials obtained through interlibrary loan cannot be placed on Reserve.
How to Submit Reserve Requests
Please use the forms below to submit reserve requests to the library. You can submit it in person, via interoffice mail, or electronically. We will contact you if we have any questions or concerns about your reserves submission. We will also contact you when your item(s) have been processed and are available for student use.