Course Reserves at San Jose
This is your guide to course reserves at the San Jose campus -- the circulation rules, and the types of items we have available for you.
What are Course Reserves?
At the San Jose Campus, most reserves are assigned a three hour checkout and carry a penalty if overdue of $0.25 per hour per item. You can also have 1 renewal, with a 3 item maximum check out. All reserve items are located at the circulation desk. All reserve items must be returned before closing.
What items are on reserve at San Jose?
San Jose Campus has all of the the following items on reserve:
- Reserve Books and Media on Reserve- Check out for 2 hours, or they can be checked out during the last hour the library is open and returned the next day, no later than the first hour the library is open.
- Reserve DVDs- Check out for 2 days, with one renewal.
- Anatomical models (real/plastic bones and skeletons)- check out for 2 hours and cannot leave campus. They may leave the library only upon instructor approval. See below for a list of our anatomical models.
- Keys for the Meditation Room- Exchange Student ID for a key. (Meditation Room Hours of operation: 7:30 AM to 7:00 PM)
- PT Roller
- Ultrasound Machine
- Expo Dry Erase markers
- TV with DVD/VCR combo
- Remote Controls for Study Room TVs
- Projector (faculty use only)
Anatomical models and bones available for checkout:
- Full Body Skeletons
- Vertebral Columns
- Box of Various Bones and Joints
- Arm/Leg Models with Muscles
- Brain Stems
- Various Internal Organ Models
- Disarticulated Skeletons
Did You Know...?
Dr. Thomas Souza, author of Differential Diagnosis and Management for the Chiropractor, is the Dean of Academic Affairs at the San Jose Campus. His book is available on reserve at the San Jose branch library.