Course Reserves at Davenport
This is your guide to course reserves at the Davenport campus -- the circulation rules, and the types of items we have available for you.
At the Davenport campus, the models are behind the desk on the library's third floor. They are available for an overnight checkout, due the next day before 10 a.m.
Davenport Campus - Model Guidebook
This viewbook is available for browsing at the reserve desk on the third floor of the library. It contains pictures of all the models, replacement costs, and library policies around the overnight model collection.
Photos used in this viewbook are directly from the 3EB Scientific website.
What are course reserves?
At the Davenport Campus, most reserves are assigned a three hour checkout and carry a penalty if overdue of $0.25 per hour per item. You can also have 1 renewal, with a 3 item maximum check out. All reserve items are located at the third floor reserves desk. All reserve items must be returned before closing, except overnight models.
What items are on reserve at Davenport?
Anatomical models available for overnight checkout (due at 10 AM next day):
- Skull (full, bisected, numbere)
- Heart model with bypass
- Foot (loose or wired)
- Foot & ankle skeleton (loose)
- Foot skeleton with tibia and fibula
- Hip bone
- Leg skeleton (Foot, tibia, fibula, patella, femur)
- Leg skeleton with hip
- Functional knee joint
- Flexible spine with femur heads & painted muscles
- Cervical spine sections
- Thoracic spine sections
- Lumbar spine sections
- Lumbar spine sections with dorsolateral prolapsed intervertebral disc
- Hands (loose and wired)
- Hand with radius & ulna (loose or wired)
- Arm skeleton (hand, radius, ulna, humerus)
- Arm skeleton with scapula & clavicle
- Sternum with rib cartilage
- Functional hip
- Functional elbow joint
Other items available for checkout (two hour):
Also available for checkout at the reserve desk:
Course notes for Dr. Tatum's DIFFERENTIAL DIAGNOSIS DIAG 81721 and
VISCERAL DISORDERS DIAG 81719
What other items do you have on reserve?
In addition to the specific items your faculty place on reserve for your courses, the library also has all of the following items on reserve:
- real human bones
- plastic bones & models
- required textbooks
- technique equipment, specifically nervoscopes, reflex hammers, and inclinometers that may be used outside the library.
- dry erase markers (available at the third floor desk due to its proximity to the white boards)
How do I know what my instructors have on reserve?
Many instructors list reserve items in their syllabi or mention certain items in class when they become relevant to your curriculum.
You may use the search box on the left to find reserve materials for your class. The library also has a browsable reserve binder located at the desk on the second floor of the library.
New items on reserve at Davenport
Course notes for Dr. Tatum's Differential Diagnosis Diag 81721
and Visceral Disorders Diag 81719