The purpose of this guide is to provide one access point to current research and assessment tools on the diagnosis & treatment of concussions.
The area of diagnosing and treating concussion is a highly debated and evolving science.
Concussion symptoms present in four catagories:
- physical symptoms (dizziness, headache)
- cognitive symptoms (difficulty concentrating or remembering)
- emotional/behavioral (depression, irritability)
- sleeping (drowsiness, or an inability to fall asleep)
It can occur with or without a loss of consciousness.
What's in this guide?
This concussion research guide contains specific information on different types of concussion and treatment methods. It is divided into the following topics or resources:
- Consensus statements and position papers
- Assessment and concussion screening
- Is it a concussion?
- CDC resources on concussion
- Youth concussions
- Sports concussions
- Rehabbing concussions & post-concussion syndrome / Return to Play guidelines
- Concussions in combat
- Library books on concussion
- eBooks on concussion
- Journals with concussion research