This portion of the guide covers the books in the General Anatomy list from the NBCE.
NBCE Reference Texts Circulation Rules
Books located on the NBCE display shelves do circulate. Please present a photo ID to a library staff member.
Circulation rules for NBCE Books:
- Checked out for two hour period
- Renewed one time for an additional two hours
- May leave the library to an outside location -- study wherever you'd like!
- Limited to three at a time.
- No overnight checkout. Items not returned by the end of the day will accumulate fines by the hour.
You may renew these items:
- In person by bringing either the books or your ID to the library (3rd floor at the Davenport Campus)
- By calling us during open hours at (563) 884-5209
Don't forget to bring the books back to the desk when they're due. Items need to be checked in by library staff so fines don't accumulate.
Fines for overdue NBCE books are $1.00 per hour per item.
General Anatomy NBCE Reference Texts
Check your campus' designated NBCE area to find these titles.
Davenport Campus: Occasionally, an NBCE reference text will also be on the required textbook list. If you find a foam book in place of a book in the NBCE display that you'd like to check out, see the library staff at the third floor reserves desk. The rules for checking out required textbooks are the same for those on the NBCE shelves.
San Jose Campus: Occasionally, an NBCE reference text will also be on the required textbook list. If you find a plastic card in place of a book that you'd like to check out, see the library staff.
The study of individual reference texts or study guides will not guarantee that an individual will pass NBCE examinations.
Moreover, these lists are not comprehensive and do not imply that references not included on a list are inappropriate or of lesser value or quality than references that are included.
The NBCE does not endorse any particular study guide to assist test-takers, nor does Palmer College of Chiropractic.