This portion of the Interlibrary Loan guide discusses ILL policies to which we adhere.
For a full list of library policies, please see the Policies guide.
|Free unless charged by the lender library ($15.00 max)|
|Fee for RUSH Service|
|No additional cost|
Loans (Books or Audiovisual)
ILL Service Policies
Palmer's Campus Libraries will borrow items from another library if the branch library:
- does not own a print or electronic copy of the requested item, or
- if owned, the item has been declared damaged, lost or missing.
General Restrictions for Borrowing Books
Although there are usually no restrictions on the types of items that can be requested through interlibrary loan, many libraries will generally have restrictions on certain types of items. For example:
- Reference books and rare manuscripts are generally non-circulating.
- Books published within the last year are often not available through interlibrary loan. Many libraries have policies on not lending newly acquired items.
- Entire periodical or journal volumes or issues are not generally loaned.
- Audio-visual items and computer software are rarely loaned.
ILL for Precepting Students
Regarding article requests:
Note that transit time will increase, as your article will travel from the lending library to David D. Palmer Health Sciences Library and then to your field doctor's office.
Preceptor students will receive an invoice from the Business Office for payment.
Regarding book loans:
Book loans will not be made to precepting students who cannot pick-up and return their books at the library's circulation desk.